Senior Financial Analyst, R&D
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as a Senior Financial Analyst, R&D Finance. You will be part of a growing team as we build our Finance capabilities and develop processes to support rapid business growth. We’re looking for someone with strong business partnering skills, who is a self-starter, a great communicator and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Understand business landscape and partner with management to align on business & financial goals.
- Forecast headcount and expense, ensuring data visibility and accuracy, as well as providing insightful and actionable metrics and recommendations to business partners.
- Build, manage and maintain models including spend dashboards, forecasting and headcount planning.
- Create executive management packages, providing insightful, actionable metrics and recommendations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Build strong business relationships with various business entities and drive projects cross functionally
- Work with the finance, accounting and the financial system teams to continually improve financial processes
- Ad hoc and regular analyses of the business to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision making.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting with 5 +years of finance related experience or investment banking/consulting experience; MBA preferred but not required
- Strong business sense with ability to assess business situations, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Excellent financial modeling skills with understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models
- Advanced Microsoft Office and system skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models; Experience with SQL or business intelligence tools are a plus
- Strong business sense with ability to assess business situations, draw conclusions and recommend decisions
- Strategic thinking while being detailed-oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint, experience with SAP, BPC a plus
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Back to top