Senior Financial Analyst, R&D
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as a Senior Financial Analyst, R&D Finance. You will be part of a growing team as we build our Finance capabilities and develop processes to support rapid growth within our Application Framework team. We’re looking for someone with strong business partnering skills, who is a self-starter, a great communicator and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Understand business landscape and partner with management to align on business & financial goals.
- Forecast headcount and expense, ensuring data visibility and accuracy, as well as providing insightful and actionable metrics and recommendations to business partners.
- Build, manage and maintain models including spend dashboards, forecasting and headcount planning.
- Create executive management packages, providing insightful, actionable metrics and recommendations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Build strong business relationships with various business entities and drive projects cross functionally
- Work with the finance, accounting and the financial system teams to continually improve financial processes
- Ad hoc and regular analyses of the business to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision making.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting with 5 +years of finance related experience or investment banking/consulting experience; MBA preferred but not required
- Strong business sense with ability to assess business situations, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Excellent financial modeling skills with understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models
- Advanced Microsoft Office and system skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models; Experience with SQL or business intelligence tools are a plus
- Strong business sense with ability to assess business situations, draw conclusions and recommend decisions
- Strategic thinking while being detailed-oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint, experience with SAP, BPC a plus
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Back to top