Senior DNS/Web Security Researcher
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Internet Security Research team is responsible for delivering high-quality content to our products to prevent successful cyberattacks, with a special focus on Web security, network security, privacy protection, etc. We design, build, and maintain various detection systems and data infrastructures to protect customers against constantly evolving threats and attacks.
- Track and research emerging threats and innovate new ways to identify malicious indicators used by malware and attacks, including domains, URLs, IP addresses, sha256, email addresses, etc.;
- Design and build scalable and extensible prevention/detection systems;
- Leverage data-driven approaches, such as statistical analysis, machine learning, and other advanced techniques;
- Convert research results and discoveries into products, research papers, etc.
- Creative thinker and team player. Have great passion and be highly self-motivated in data-driven security research;
- Expertise in DNS and DNS security, and/or Web security;
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Deep Learning, and Boosting;
- Understanding of core network protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.);
- Knowledge and experience with modern databases and big data tools, such as MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka is a plus;
- Experience with malware traffic analysis is a plus;
- Experience with graph database (e.g. Neo4j, JanusGraph), graph-based analysis, and data visualization tools like D3.js is a plus;
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields with security research experience;
- PhD in Cyber Security or Machine Learning.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top