Senior CPQ Administrator (Information Technology)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA), acts as liaison between IT and business functions, to assist in our ongoing CPQ project roadmap, development, and support of our quote to order process. BSA works with IT Development teams on getting solutions and changes implemented, from turning business requirements into designs and actionable tasks, project definition and planning, to testing and go-live. In this role, you will work with Sales Operations teams (including but not limited to Sales Desk, Order Desk, Sales Analytics, and Sales Compensation) and other cross-functional teams to architect the solution for our business and systems. We are looking for a strong candidate who is passionate, self-motivated and very keen to learn quickly and adjust to changing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Design solutions and processes primarily for CPQ and/or SFDC other integrated apps.
- Responsible for functional system design, documentation, administration and customization.
- Understanding broader business drivers to map business needs to process & functional solution design
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technologies
- Work very closely with Sales Operations team to understand business requirements and then partner closely with IT development team for creation of functional requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
- Manage relationships with multiple business teams for new solution features and technical support
- Develop future solution strategies by working closely with Business and IT Development teams
- Create and present functional and technical design including data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshop
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
- Perform gap analysis: as is vs. to be
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
- Writing and reviewing QA and UAT test scripts
- Managing UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance sign-off
- Must have Salesforce.com and multiple quoting tool experience. Callidus quoting experience preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as Business Analyst working with Sales functional areas such as Opportunity management, CPQ, and understands the full sales motion.
- Minimum 6 years of experience preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing detailed gap analysis Ability to view situations with both a business and technical lens
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Demonstrated experience in project conceptualization and planning
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a business unit team and have strong influencing skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Must have experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company highly desirable.
- CRM and Quote to Cash certifications, and configuration experience preferred
- 4-year degree (minimum) in Information Systems or related discipline
- Advanced degree would be a plus
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top