Senior Competitive Intelligence Engineer (Public Cloud Security)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Prisma Cloud Security team is responsible for building cloud security platform that protect data, workloads and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection for their cloud workloads. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With the recent acquisition of leading companies in this space – RedLock, TwistLock, Puresec, and Aporeto. Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in the cloud security space.
As the Senior Competitive Intelligence Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our sales, marketing, and product management teams to help position Palo Alto Networks products focusing on cloud compliance, incident investigation and shift-left security and evaluate against key competitors.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, such as AWS Lambda, Azure functions, AWS Fargate, Docker, and Kubernetes along with other cloud services. The individual will help research competing products, formulate competitive strategy, and articulate key differentiation. In addition, you will develop use cases and validate strengths and weakness of our cloud security platform products. Other core aspect of this role is to consult with customers, develop and deliver technical trainings for sales, sales engineering and marketing along with documenting key differentiators to educate our sales and product management teams.
You are the perfect fit if you think of AWS, Azure and GCP as soon as cloud is mentioned, or you intuitively understand Kube and K8 and do not think it’s a geometric shape or a reference to the middle school. You speak Python. You are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed. The job requires approximately 10 percent travel.
- Create and maintain lab to run setup for cloud and cloud security products and other to evaluate and compare use cases.
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development.
- Work with sales, marketing, product management, and customers to research and identify key differences and advantages of Prisma Cloud against core competitors.
- Execute competitive analysis projects by researching on competitors and their key strengths and weaknesses.
- Design use cases to highlight key strengths and weakness of Prisma Cloud against group of competitors.
- Aggregate and analyze information to form an opinion and provide actionable insights.
- Write and create high quality customer facing, partner facing, and sales facing collateral and presentations.
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Participate in sales enablement and help sales close deals by providing technical differentiators.
- Experience analyzing competitors or have deep insights into security use cases for cloud security and compliance.
- Strong competitive intelligence or technical marketing background in implementing and analyzing cloud infrastructure security products OR have been part of SRE or devops team responsible for securing CI/CD pipeline along with implementing security controls for cloud workloads in production.
- Experience with CI/CD tools is a plus.
- Aware of key Cloud security concepts (private, public, hybrid cloud)
- Proficient virtualization skills and experience with hypervisors and public cloud required.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and infrastructure as a code software tool such as Terraform
- Experience with scripting languages such as python is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with attention to detail, and hit deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, keep track of multiple competitors simultaneously.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, experiment with products, and contribute cross-functionally.
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations.
Education and Certifications
- BS/BA in a computer-related field or equivalent – desired but not required.
- Industry certifications – AWS Architect, GCP or Azure Certifications
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to be a Cybersecurity partner of choice protecting digital way of life. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, endpoint and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top