Senior Backend Engineer
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
We are looking for a Senior Backend Node.js Engineer for our Tel Aviv R&D center to join a new developing team.
You will be working on our next generation, highly scalable and high performance server-side solution that securely manages hundreds of thousands of endpoint protection clients.
More information about the product we develop can be found on: www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/endpoint-security.html
As a software developer in our server-side solution you will:
- Code our highly secured Node.js enterprise solution, deployed on premise or in the cloud
- Write design documents, SW development guidelines and best practices
- Perform unit, integration and e2e testing
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior software developer of large scale solutions
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Well familiar with popular NPMs and frameworks like Express
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of object-oriented or traditional server-side platforms (like .NET or Java)
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, RESTful API’s
- Proficiency in debugging, performance profiling and making things faster
- Customer-focused, react well to changes, work with teams and able to multi-task on multiple projects
- Experience with Node.js real time communication architecture
- Knowledge of ECMAScript 2015 (ES6)
- Experience with SOA architecture, working on distributed/high trafficked systems
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top