Security Researcher (Endpoint)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for a Security Researcher to join our Servers Security Evaluation team. The team is responsible for securing our next generation Management Service of our endpoint security product - Traps.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining a product which withstands to high standards of security. You will be involved in all phases of the development process - from the architecture & design phase, through development and delivery to production.
The team collaborates with several interfaces in the R&D group in Tel Aviv as well as our Headquarters office in Santa Clara (dev, QA, PMs, other security teams and third parties which include security certification agencies, penetration testing services, etc.).
Our product is advanced endpoint security software - identifying on attacker’s techniques before any malicious activity could successfully run, which enables us to prevent many types of cyber-attacks, including zero-day attacks.
More information about the product we develop can be found on www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/endpoint-security.html
- Challenge the product's functionality against known/unknown threats using methods like code review for security vulnerabilities (NodeJS), white-Box penetration testing and more
- Be a key player in security projects and security certifications such as hardening (all platform machines, DB, web apps..), security monitoring
- Security evaluation of our interfaces with external services
- Threat modeling and analysis
- Security vulnerabilities mitigations
- Research & integration of third-party security tools
- Take part in the development of security evaluation tools
- Academic degree(s) in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience
- Strong security background.
- Thread analysis & design review experience (SDL)
- Security code review
- Familiarity with exploit techniques and mitigation.
- In-depth knowledge of the inner-workings of operating systems.
- Knowledge with scripting languages like Ruby, Bash, Python, Perl – must
- Ability to work independently and lead a project
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both Hebrew and English
- Candidate should also possess the ability to work under pressure with extreme deadlines, prioritize projects, and maintain focus and sense of humor.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top