Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Internet Security Research team is responsible for delivering high quality content to our products to prevent successful cyberattacks, with a special focus on Web security, network security, privacy protection, etc. We design, build, and maintain various detection systems and data infrastructures to protect customers against constantly evolving threats and attacks.
- Track and research emerging threats and innovate new ways to identify malicious indicators used by malware and attacks, including domains, URLs, IP addresses, sha256, email addresses, etc.;
- Design and build scalable and extensible prevention/detection systems;
- Leverage data-driven approaches, such as statistical analysis, machine learning, and other advanced techniques;
- Convert research results and discoveries into products, research papers, etc.
- Creative thinker and team player. Have great passion and be highly self-motivated in data-driven security research;
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Shell script, Go, or Java;
- Knowledge and experience with modern databases and big data tools, such as MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka;
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Deep Learning, and Boosting;
- Understanding of core Web and network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, etc.);
- Experience with graph database (e.g. Neo4j, JanusGraph) and graph-based analysis is a plus;
- Experience with data visualization tools like D3.js is a plus;
- Experience with malware traffic analysis is a plus;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields with security research experience;
- PhD in Cyber Security or Machine Learning
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyber-attacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyber-attacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Back to top