Security Researcher (Behavioral Analytics)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Security Researcher to join our behavioral detection team. Magnifier Behavioral Analytics technology uses sophisticated machine learning to quickly, efficiently and accurately identify targeted attacks, malicious insiders and malware. Magnifier Behavioral Analytics is a part of Palo Alto Networks Security Platform, aims to deliver an innovative solution that will help customers prevent cyber breaches throughout the entire attack life cycle.
- Create machine learning based classification algorithms detecting everything from network entities through process behaviors and attackers operating in networks and endpoints; from choosing the right features, training the right model and validating that you detect the right concept on real customer data with real APTs
- Research new methods to detect targeted attackers operating in endpoints and networks
- Use and develop machine learning algorithms and techniques to create and improve our models
- Research specific cases to enhance our model's capabilities
- Be part of a diverse research group, improving our research processes and leading us to be a better team creating a better product
- Stay up to date with APTs, attacker methodologies, and TTPs
- Knowledge of network protocols, including but not limited to Kerberos, RPC, SMB, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, etc
- 2 years’ of experience with malware research or development
- In-depth knowledge of the inner-workings of operating systems
- Advantage if you have advanced knowledge of Microsoft AD infrastructure
- Experience in machine learning or data analysis a plus
- 2 years of Experience coding python
- Ability to drive and own projects
- Independent and teammate, critical thinker
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top