Scrum Master (Information Technology)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Employee Success team at Palo Alto Networks builds and supports technology to create delightful experiences for our employees. It’s crucial that everything we offer and create are easy for people to use and understand. We have a high-performance culture filled with people that refuse to take no for an answer. Our team takes pride in taking technical excellence to a whole new level and are intrinsically motivated to do some of our best work yet.
You are passionate about Agile and are an experienced Scrum master who thrives in enabling teams to perform at their best leveraging agile best practices. Removing roadblocks, facilitating scrum ceremonies and grooming product backlogs with product owners is your expertise.
You enjoy partnering with product owners and technical teams to deliver minimal viable product in every sprint and seeing visions come to fruition.
- Facilitate daily standups, grooming sessions, sprint planning, and demos with key stakeholders
- Proactively look for improvements and identify innovative ways to deliver initiatives and proof of concepts
- Quickly identify roadblocks and remove them to allow technical teams to develop
- Guide product owner with prioritization and manage backlog
- Identify number of initiatives possible in an iteration based on prior metrics, including velocity and capacity
- 5+ years Scrum Master experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and best practices
- Ability to identify epics, create user stories, and spikes.
- Understanding of backlog aging/tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and capacity planning
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with all levels of employees; internal IT and external
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Experience using Jira a huge plus
Back to top