Sales Specialist - Named West - Prisma Access & Prisma SaaS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyber attacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Named Account Business in Global Protect Cloud Services (GPCS) is a significant driver of company revenue and growth. As an experienced and dynamic sales professional, you’re responsible for leading and driving sales engagements. You will manage and drive sales engagements into a set of large enterprise accounts. You will support the execution of the overall GPCS Go-to-Market plan with the field with the #1 focus on driving strategic deals to closure to accelerate penetration in the market. You’re motivated by the desire to solve critical challenges facing our customer’s secure environment, so you’re prepared to connect them with a solution for every stage of threat prevention.
Your main objectives will be to drive GPCS bookings within a set of pre-identified large enterprise accounts across a region. You’ll be responsible for meeting and exceeding your quota by crafting and implementing strategic territory plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. This is a unique opportunity for a closer with a go-getter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing competing technologies. Oh, and did we say you love to sell? Because selling is what gets you out of bed every morning. This is not just a career – it’s a meaningful challenge that impacts our lives in the digital age.
- Ability to work in partnership with your respective geography’s leadership to engage the GPCS solution to customers, partners, and colleagues
- Perform high-level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
- Build a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools or network technologies
- Engage a programmatic approach to demand to generate, develop, and expand your territory
- Bring to bear all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: inside sales, channel systems engineering, field marketing, cybersecurity sales specialists, the services team, sales ops (including the deal desk and the response team), and others
- Stay updated on industry news and trends, and how they affect Palo Alto Networks products and services
- Conduct in-person sessions, webinars and learning materials that can be consumed by the appropriate audience
- Identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Establish relationships with and sell through channel partners
- Travel as necessary within your territory, and to company-wide meetings
- BS technical degree or equivalent and consider yourself technical enough to cover some accounts while your SE is busy assisting others
- 10+ years of above quota sales experience
- Experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to our appliances
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments.
As part of the GPCS sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated Systems Engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of the GPCS sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyber threats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top