Sales Ramping Specialist / Sales Trainer
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Sales Enablement team is responsible for improving the skills and time-to-productivity of the global sales teams and ensuring that all new hires are ramped up quickly. Our job is to find best practices internally and externally and help to institute them throughout the sales organization.
The Sales Ramping Team focuses on providing an effective ramping experience, laying the foundation for sales employee growth and longevity while driving sales productivity and measurable results for the organization. We do this by delivering a role-specific Ramping Program that gives sellers the necessary tools, resources and education for them to have customer and business focused conversations.
The Sales Ramping Specialist will execute against the existing program plan including assuming the role of lead facilitator for the current instructor led elements of our ramping and on-boarding program. In addition, this role will be instrumental in both the design and implementation of our next-gen global ramping program.
The ideal candidate has recent sales experience. This position is great for a high energy, successful salesperson who has a passion for teaching and developing others and is looking to transition to a sales enablement role. The role demands a strong working knowledge of sales methodologies, pipeline management, customer engagement, and general go-to-market sales strategies of high performing sales teams. The ideal candidate is both an independent leader and highly collaborative, creative and energized by the challenge of meeting the needs of an evolving and dynamic sales team.
You are someone who believes in showing work in-progress and are comfortable taking and giving feedback to improve a project. You want to learn something new and push your skills into unfamiliar territories. You enjoy throwing creative solutions at a problem and have the ability to step back to evaluate the measurable success of your approach. This role reports into the Manager of Sales Ramping and Strategy.
- Act as a staff trainer under the Manager of Ramping and Strategy to assist in the development and delivery of monthly new hire sales training camps
- Work with the Program Manager to assist in planning, organization and logistics of new hire training
- Assist in development of Sales Ramping on-demand pre/post work under the direction of the Manager of Ramping and Strategy
- Work cross functionally with SMEs to develop and improve new hires sales training camps to be engaging, scalable and globally consistent
- Assist with the delivery of other soft-skills training as needed
- Utilize a variety of the training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training program
- Able to create and deliver content in a blended learning environment: face to face, live virtual training, on-demand etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discover, understand, and translate business requirements into actionable items
- Recent sales or sales enablement related experience
- Experience facilitating and delivering sales training via classroom and webinar
- Has prepared training programs, training materials, developed course content and training aids.
- Familiarity with the Challenger Sales Methodology
- Adaptability to meet the needs of an innovative and fast-paced business
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year
Back to top