Sales Director Strategic Accounts Germany
The Palo Alto Networks Director, Strategic Accounts Germany will have leadership responsibility for the sales activities and operations across the Strategic Account Sector in Germany. The objective of this role is to accelerate sales with this new accounts team focused on developing relationships and delivering revenue.
This individual will furthermore use his skills and experience to assist the sales team members in successfully penetrating the largest and highest potential accounts for Palo Alto Networks in the region. Building a world-class team will be a key function as Palo Alto Networks is in a very rapid growth phase. You will also be accountable for strategic account planning, customer success, partner teaming, accurate forecasting as well as day to day management of the team.
• Recruit and hire new sales team members
• Strive to deliver above target performance across the assigned account base
• Meet and exceed key performance indicator metrics as assigned
• Responsibility for training and mentoring new members on the team
• HR responsibility for Sales team in the territory (expenses, reviews,etc)
• Support field sales team in complex sales situations, build strategic account plans and apply a successful multi-level sales strategy
• Assist channel team members in ensuring that partner sales staff are aligned in Palo Alto Networks drive towards strategic account planning
• Foster channel partner relations with the strategic accounts teams
• Act as a floating Sales Manager and fill in for existing team members in case of a resource conflict or vacation coverage
• Provide an escalation point for issues that arise in the region
• Build and maintain relationships with Key Strategic Accounts in the region to solidify reference accounts
• Forecast accurately
• 5+ years demonstrated success as a Sales Manager or Director in similar high growth environment
• 8+ years experience as a Sales Account Manager or similar
• Industry knowledge of security and network product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Networks
• Prior management experience essential (6+ Direct Reports)
• Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PANW's customer base and maintain a general understanding of compelling sales strategies
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
• "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to close deals.
Back to top