Sales Compensation Advisor (Global Rewards)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Compensation Business Partner/Consultant, you will work closely with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to assess their organizations and advise them on implementing programs in the most effective manner to promote employee engagement. You will participate in the design of global compensation programs to promote market competitiveness and align with business objectives. You will also develop, enhance and implement compensation infrastructure to support a rapidly growing and changing organization.
- Act as a consultant to the HR team and functional business leadership to guide their decision making for hiring, promotions, specific organizational program design, semi-annual bonus program and annual compensation program implementation
- Conduct in-depth competitive analysis and modeling for global total rewards programs, including competitive assessments of trends and impacts, design of salary ranges, bonus targets, annual budgets and salary range structures
- Develop and implements communication and training programs on compensation topics for Staffing and managers to promote understanding and effective utilization of programs
- Create company compensation policies and processes in support of business objectives; and advise management on these practices for their decision making
- Ensure internal equity and external competitiveness of our compensation programs through strategic monitoring of business conditions, legal requirements and understanding of industry best practices
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards and metrics to monitor compensation programs
- Partner with HRIS to continuously improve compensation systems and reports
- Develop and reinforce compensation philosophy across the organization
- Participate in the development and implementation of systems for management of compensation programs, including semi-annual bonus program, annual pay programs, and equity programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Financial Analysis, Business, Economics or related field, or significant levels of work experience including in-depth expertise with compensation design of base pay and variable compensation programs and project management
- 5+ years of experience in global Compensation
- Certified Compensation Professional designation preferred
- Strong consultative skills and highly effective in communicating clearly and persuasively with top-notch influencing skills
- Ability to build solid relationships with the management team, HR team, and cross-functional internal partners
- Experience supporting a global sales function and understanding of sales compensation planning and design features a plus
- Exceptional Excel skills with command of HR and compensation management systems such as Workday and Payfactors
- Strong project management skills with team orientation and collaborative style
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, writing, verbal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively present facts, analysis, and conclusions or solutions in a way that demonstrates command of content
- Hands-on in-depth experience in advising HR Business Partners and business leaders on global compensation initiatives including annual/semi-annual compensation program implementation
- Excellent analytical, compensation modeling and problem-solving skills
- Operates independently on a day-to-day basis, and is responsive to deadlines
- Highly organized with the ability to execute tasks in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to embrace change
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top