Resident Threat Engineer - Atlanta
The Threat Engineer will provide in-depth analysis to assist the customer in optimizing their Palo Alto Networks platform utilizing the Next Generation and Advanced features of the Palo Alto Networks infrastructure. The engineer will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME), specializing in threat prevention and policy optimization. This position will interact directly with the customer’s CSOC and Firewall teams to build new processes and redefine existing processes that transform the operational environment and take advantage of the Palo Alto Networks deployed tools & services. The engineer will help shape policies and guide the customer towards a Prevention Posture in line with recommended best practices. The engineer contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network products, cybersecurity incident handling and solutions deployed within a customer's network.
- Learn & understand the customer’s business requirements and the Threat Landscape that is most applicable their industry’s vertical sector
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports
- Provide hardening recommendations around Palo Alto Networks products
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 to analyze cybersecurity events
- Mitigate threats relating to cybersecurity events utilizing Palo Alto Networks products
- Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to the specified scope
- Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing security solutions in large environments
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a cybersecurity incident response engineer
- Understanding Palo Alto Networks security solutions and how to apply those solutions to ensure a strong Prevention Posture
- Extensive knowledge of different security threats
- Extensive knowledge of network and protocol troubleshooting and analysis
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high end security solutions
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- GCIA, GCFA, CISSP, PCNSE
- CCIE-Security/Routing and Switching, JNCIE-SEC/ENT
- CCSE, CCSM
- Scripting skills: Python or Perl
- Experience with QRadar
- Experience with Sourcefire
About Palo Alto Networks
As the next-generation security company, we are leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling all applications and preventing advanced threats from achieving their objectives for tens of thousands of organizations around the world. We are one of the fastest growing security companies in the market because of our deep expertise, commitment to innovation, and game-changing security platform focused on bringing an end to the era of breaches by uniquely integrating our Next-Generation Firewall, Advanced Endpoint Protection, and Threat Intelligence Cloud.
Because these capabilities are natively built into our platform and designed to deliver highly automated preventative measures against cyberthreats, we ensure superior security to legacy point technologies such as stateful inspection firewalls, UTMs, or endpoint security products. With our platform, organizations can confidently pursue a digital-first strategy as they implement key technology initiatives within the cloud and increasingly mobile networks, while maintaining complete visibility and control, to protect their most valued data assets and critical control systems.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top