Resident Engineer (Scott Air Force Base)
- St. Louis, MO
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will provide guidance and technical support to clients deploying our security products. You’ll act as the technical liason, providing strategic guidance around complex systems to secure a digital environment. Interacting directly with the client, you’ll partner closely with client personnel to guide and suggest integrations to better serve their success. Your thorough understanding of our product integrations contributes to the development of new principles and concepts – providing detailed analysis around what’s working, what’s not, and what could be better.
You enjoy implementation work, are proactive about resolving potential concerns, and operate well around strict best practices that enable our clients on their road to a more secure digital world. You’re creative, innovative, and you love a challenge – learning how integrations might work better around new products and technologies.Your Impact
- Lead Cortex XSOAR technical implementation/operations in a customer environment
- Translate complex business requirements into best practice solutions
- Develop and implemented new playbooks and automate manual SOC procedures
- Prepare capacity planning, deployment, business continuity and configuration guides
- Ability to communicate effectively in various situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
- Present highly technical information to non-technical personnel
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs), understand critical success factors, and continuously measure performance
- Experience managing complex security solutions in large environments
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity tools
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high-end security solutions to prevent cybersecurity threats
- Experience with IDS/IPS, SIEM, Endpoint solutions and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some understanding of Linux or Unix and network troubleshooting analysis
- Preferred experience in cybersecurity incident response
- Previous experience with STIGs, RMF, NIST publications and/or SCAP
- GCIA, CISSP, CEH, and/or Security+ certifications is a plus
- 10% travel may be required
- TS Clearance Required
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top