Resident Engineer - Japan
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks Resident Engineer, you, your Pre-Sales Systems Engineer and your Sales partner(s) are the face of Palo Alto Networks to our customers. You will be responsible for:
- Helping customers understand how network security has evolved in the past few years, Presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution, Creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, Gathering customer technical requirements, Creating evaluation test plans with customers, and Managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- You are the face of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that we do, bring to bear all of the assets of our company from support, to professional services, to product management, to engineering, to our executives. You and your Sales partner own the customer relationship.
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is required, International travel may be required as necessary. Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing )
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Self motivated
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and very strong presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Super organizational skills, "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- Success being part of an exciting high-growth company—where growth often eclipses the structure that supports it.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top