Research DevOps Engineer (Endpoint)
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our malware research team. You will be part of a team that researches the most recent and advanced cybersecurity threats, designs and tests concepts to protect against them.
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, capacity and performance to support malware research efforts.
- Develop and maintain platforms and tools for the group’s security research purposes.
- This role spans multiple machine learning and big-data technologies.
- Strong sense of architecture and design for fault tolerance, scale, and stability.
- At least 2 years software engineering experience.
- At least 2 years of Windows and Linux experience (shell/tools/networking)
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with RDBMS, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with RabbitMQ.
- Experience with automated deployment tools, source control and system monitoring tools.
- Knowledgeable about collecting metrics, measuring systems and interpreting data to make decisions.
- Advantage - experience with big data technologies: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, HBase.
- Advantage – machine learning experience.
- Advantage – AWS DevOps experience.
- Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving and delivering. Good communicator in and across teams, able to drive and own projects.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top