Regional Sales Manager - North
Working hand-in-hand with a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering new clients in our growing territories. You are the primary point-of-contact for major accounts and are accountable for delivering at above quota sales performance in your region. You a motivated by a hunger to tackle critically difficult challenges that face our clients. You develop trusted relationships at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites, and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by Palo Alto Networks solutions.
You will lead identifying and signing appropriate channel partners as well as training them on our solutions. Additionally, your credibility will guide your customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings - and love a technical challenge.
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Facilitate communication on strategic and tactical issues facing our clients and partners
- Maintain continuity and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments, and governmental regulations that affect target markets
- Develop market strategies and goals for each product and service; understand the strategies, goals, and objectives of accounts
- Lead coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Take full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process
- Extensive domestic travel and possible International travel as necessary
- BS technical degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of exceeding sales quota as a Major or Large Account Manager, Channel Account Manager, or Territory Account Manager for a multinational company
- 5 years IT sales experience as a direct contributor
- Deep understanding of channel partners and a channel centric go to market approach
- Knowledgeable in Complex Solution Sales methodology
- Have sold network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching products installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- In-depth knowledge of how specific industries might use security solutions
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top