Regional CSO - Germany
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Each regional CSO will work for Rick Howard as part of the Unit 42 Threat Intelligence Team. Their job is to cultivate key customer and partnership relationships, keynote local speaking events, and write thought leadership essays pertinent to the region. Their job is not to be a salesman but to demonstrate thought leadership and be a trusted advisor to existing and potential customers and partners. They will do this by meeting one-on-one with key existing and potential customers and partners, speaking at important industry events, and writing thought leadership essays for the Unit 42 blog.
- Collect C-Level executives that consider you to be a trusted advisor; not a Palo Alto Networks’ salesman but a person who can help guide them on whatever problems they are dealing with.
- Coordinate with the regional sales team to target the right relationships to cultivate.
- Determine the right speaking engagements for the region and work with the Field Event’s Team to capture keynote slots.
- Write a weekly thought leadership column for the Unit 42 Threat Intelligence Blog
- Help the product team shape the roadmap based on what customers are telling you about the problems they are trying to solve.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experienced CIO, CTO, CISO, CSO. Former senior government or military official is a plus.
- Well known in the region as a cyber security expert.
- Technical enough to understand various technologies and have credibility with customers.
- Has credibility in front of large audiences as well as one-on-one meetings.
- Has a vision for the cybersecurity future and can help us think through and develop the roadmap.
- Bachelor degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of eight to 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs. At least four must be in a senior leadership role. Employment history must demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Be viewed across a company of security experts, and advanced security product managers as a critical resource for product feature guidance, leader for product deployment and adoption expertise, use case counsel, threat intelligence expertise.
- Demonstrated industry expertise through contributions to security industry groups, speaking at industry events, blogs and whitepapers on advanced cyber security techniques and tools. Be a representative of Palo Alto Networks in the highest echelons of industry thought leadership.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top