Python Developer (Tools)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Engineering Tools development team is made up of Python developers who create and support tools to make the R&D teams more productive. We are the few, the proud, the keepers of the systems! We make the much larger team fitter, happier, more productive. All members of the technical support, development, quality assurance, and product management teams rely heavily on our tools and infrastructure for their day-to-day work. The better our tools work and the better our processes, the better our products are, making for happier customers.
We are looking for a Python developer to add to our team. Our team has many Python based projects that we develop, maintain, and integrate with industry standard tools. Imagine a set of active GitHub projects where a team of experienced Python developers are constantly adding features, improvements, integrations, and unit/integration tests all with a rich set of technical documentation.
- Work on a team of wide-ranging levels of experience
- Define software features and timelines
- Develop and test in Python and other scripting languages
- Document detailed designs and functionality for other team members
- Work with legacy code to refactor and test
- Design, develop, automate, and improve with security in mind
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 4+ years’ experience in Python software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of Python software technologies, development processes and concepts
- Django experience desired
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Computer Science desired
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top