Public Cloud Technical Sales Manager- Federal
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Technical Sales Manager- Prisma Public Cloud, you will join a team focusing on cybersecurity offerings (Redlock and Twistlock) for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Public Cloud (GCP) and Alibaba Cloud including Containers and Serverless. Redlock + Twistlock + Palo Alto Networks Platform. Together, our technologies will form the world’s most advanced cloud security offering.
Due to our tremendous growth, we are looking for driven, smart and experienced sales executives who can develop relationships and drive new customer acquisitions to utilize our solutions. Our sales organization continues to offer the creative culture of a “startup”, a dynamic environment with a proven
Responsible for the overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country to achieve quota. Plans and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing and training.
- Establishes short and long term goals plus quotas in line with corporate objectives
- Sells products to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contacts prospective customers to determine product needs and perform sales presentations to match company's products and identified needs
- Prospects and develops business, responds to RFPs, and develops proposals for presentation to customer
- Coordinates account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development.
- Goals communicated in “solution” or project goal terms
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Provides follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided
- Lead all aspects of the evaluation program
- Understand competition in region and general business climate
- A highly consultative sales professional with superb communication
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- High level of ethical behavior
- A risk taker who has ambitions balanced with good business judgment and instincts
- Enjoy consensus and work well within a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- The desire to make this career decision for the long term, develop sales management skills and contribute to a growing Industry Leading software company
- 5 years of direct enterprise software executive sales experience
- Knowledge of the territory in particular fortune accounts
- Proven track record on closing seven figure transactions
- Proven history of exceeding software sales quotas through strategic selling skills
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
- Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships
- Technical acumen but with the ability to relate it with business value
- High intellect and the capacity to multitask
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated systems engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top