Public Cloud Technical Sales Manager- Federal
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a seven-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
Join the team that combines the best public cloud infrastructure security companies, Evident.io + Redlock, with the industry’s leader in public cloud security, Palo Alto Networks. Together, our technologies will form the world’s most advanced cloud security offering.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a key growth area for Palo Alto Networks.
Due to our tremendous growth, we are looking for driven, smart and experienced sales executives who can develop relationships and drive new customer acquisitions to utilize our SAAS based solutions. Our sales organization continues to offer the unique culture of a “startup” fast paced environment with a proven industry leading product but under the umbrella of Palo Alto Networks Platform offering extending now to Endpoint solutions with TRAPS/Secdo, Magnifier behavior & Analytics tools through our acquisition of LightCyber and our award winning Network Security Platform.
Our sales teams align Evident.io and Redlock’s solutions to customer needs, developing relationships with executives and providing insight to help customers understand the value of the Evident.io and Redlock platform through hands on demos, success criteria and overall solution intelligence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country to achieve quota. Plans and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing and training.
- Establishes short and long term goals plus quotas in line with corporate objectives
- Sells products to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contacts prospective customers to determine product needs and perform sales presentations to match company's products and identified needs
- Prospects and develops business, responds to RFPs, and develops proposals for presentation to customer
- Coordinates account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development.
- Remains knowledgeable on Evident.io products to facilitate sales effort.
- Responsible for pre-sales function as needed
- Goals communicated in “solution” or project goal terms
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Provides follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided
- Manage all aspects of the evaluation program
- Understand competition in region and general business climate
- A highly consultative sales professional with superb communication and closing skills
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- High level of ethical behavior
- A risk taker who has a high level of ambitions balanced with good business judgment and instincts
- Enjoy consensus and work well within a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- The desire to make this career decision for the long term, develop sales management skills and contribute to a growing Industry Leading software company
Required Experience and Skills
- 5 years of direct enterprise software executive sales experience
- Knowledge of the territory in particular fortune accounts
- Proven track record on closing seven figure transactions
- Proven history of exceeding software sales quotas through strategic selling skills
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
- Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships
- Technical acumen but with the ability to relate it with business value
- High intellect and the capacity to multitask
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills
Back to top