Public Cloud System Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As our authority in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP, and other public cloud environments. You are the “go-to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s but augment them with SME in the advanced or new technology areas.
The Public Cloud Systems Engineering role is an overlay technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. You will be measured by your expertise and your ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management teams, Consulting Engineering teams to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Present to customers at all levels in the hierarchy from engineering team members to CIO the solution, benefits, USP's, etc.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape to prepare for customer planning
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks cloud offerings
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (Alicloud, AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Be an evangelist to further bring Security, DevOps, and SecOps together (DevSecOps)
- Provide technical demos to prospective customers
- Write code/scripts as needed or be able to learn if you don’t
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Work with Product Management, Consulting Engineering, Technical Marketing, and R&D to build requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities
- Take ownership of advanced proof of concept (PoC) testing in strategic accounts
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs, customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-Cloud (BiC) partners who will be critical to winning over new top tier customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- 8+ years of experience as a system engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, GCP, other cloud providers, and cloud security models, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Demonstrable experience in securing cloud environments and cloud systems, including topics around certification and compliance
- Experience in DevOps will be an added advantage
- Programming experience in a higher-level language such as NodeJS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON or Python will be advantageous
- Good understanding and expertise of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, etc.)
- Deep understanding of API based security & compliance standards
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or GCP installation, configuration, and administration of security features and services
- Experience with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring, and fixing network infrastructure security products
- Travel up to 70% within the designated region, international travel also required on ad hoc basis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Worked with Channel partners and understand a channel-centric go to market approach
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc.: their creation and activation
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top