Public Cloud Sales Specialist - Germany
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
This role is a regional overlay position responsible for driving the sales for our Cloud security solutions, delivering our initial customers and growing your territory. You will be responsible for managing your territory to deliver above quota sales performance for our Cloud Security products. You will lead local execution of and alignment to company strategies and tactics with its Public Cloud Provider partnerships including, but not limited to, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
As a Cloud Sales Specialist will demonstrate a deep understanding of the Public Cloud Provider’s go-to-market strategies including co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events and funnel management. By working closely with Sales and Marketing, and via a consistent cadence of management reporting visibility, the position is responsible for increasing the penetration of the company’s Public Cloud Security solutions into its top customer accounts as measured by Lifetime Value.
- Sell cloud solutions to our existing customers of as well as new customers
- Achieve sales quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Engage with the local Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, and Google) sales programs and joint activities
- Help build and project Palo Alto Networks position as the number one enterprise cloud security company
- Share and implement standard methodologies to increase our sales penetration of Cloud Security into our top accounts
- On-site visits to customers with the sales team to be the subject matter expert on Public Cloud
- Qualify and follow up on sales leads
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Keep up to date knowledge of Cloud Computing as well as competitive position of the company
- Pre-plan account strategy
- Conduct consistent training and communications for the Sales and Channel teams as well as joint engagement within the wider organization
- Track and report on all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings to provide forecast reports to region management
- Contribute to the larger Palo Alto Network’s Public Cloud strategy by providing regional specific intelligence and reporting
- Apply subject matter expertise in trainings, QBRs, enablement, and other engagement activities
- Gather “Voice of Customer” and competitive intelligence and share with theatre and global Cloud organization
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales
- Deep understanding of Public Cloud and the uniqueness of public cloud architectures
- Prior experience selling SAAS, Cloud, CASB solutions
- Existing relationships in multiple countries within one or all Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal and written skills and proven presentation skills being able to articulate complex topics
- Ability to travel regionally on a regular basis 75% of the time
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling and consultative sales techniques
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top