Public Cloud Engagement Manager, ANZ
The Palo Alto Networks Public Cloud Engagement Manager, ANZ acts as the leader for the assigned Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure and Google) and as the ‘Go-To” Cloud Sales lead for Australia and New Zealand. This position is responsible for providing leadership, management and strategy for the sell with/go-to-market engagement and all joint activities with the assigned Cloud Providers. The Public Cloud Engagement Manager, ANZ will have a myriad of different responsibilities to ensure leverage and consistent engagement with the selected Cloud Providers to drive customer engagements, qualified pipeline and cloud bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. Additionally, the role will serve as a primary resource for the Palo Alto Networks field sales team in ANZ to drive Cloud opportunities to a successful close.
The Public Cloud Engagement Manager will report to the theater’s sales organization but will have a strong dotted line coordination requirement for consistent communication and engagement with the VP of Public Cloud Sales. In addition, this role will require interaction, coordination and joint engagement with Palo Alto Networks Business Development, Marketing, Channels, Inside Sales and Product Marketing/Development. This position will be knowledge expert on all aspects of the assigned Cloud Providers and will be asked to present at Public Cloud keynotes, QBRs, executive meetings, trainings and other assigned events. They will serve as the ‘Go-To’ Cloud expert in ANZ and engage directly with customers to articulate our Cloud offerings, including that of our new Evident.io acquisition which extends our prevention-based security capabilities in the Public Cloud.
It is expected that the Public Cloud Engagement Manager have consistent interaction and engagement with customers, strategic vendors, channel partners and other third parties in support of the “sell with” activities with the selected Cloud Providers. The Public Cloud Engagement Manager will demonstrate a deep understanding of the focus Public Cloud Provider’s go-to-market strategies including but not limited to co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events and funnel management as it relates to the theater’s strategy.
- Lead and manage all joint sell with and collaborative activities with selected Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Be the ‘Go-To’ resource in ANZ for our Cloud offerings, including the Evident.io technology
- Track and report on all opportunities, pipeline and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports for the region
- Work closely with the regional Consulting Engineering team on end-user Cloud opportunities
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between Palo Alto Network’s field sales and the Public Cloud provider’s sales teams
- Support Palo Alto Network’s field sales organization on engagement management with the Cloud Providers.
- Assist and participate in creating and providing content for Public Cloud training curriculum and sales enablement activities
- Coordinate activities and have involvement with the Public Cloud virtual team of Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, Channels and Sales as part of cloud strategy
- Develop the annual theater specific strategic plan and performance goals for assigned Cloud Providers in conjunction with the master plan developed by the Global Engagement Directors.
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with assigned Cloud Providers and coordinate with the Palo Alto Network’s Cloud Channel and NextWave channel teams
- Understand and articulate the Public Cloud provider’s strategic initiatives and gain a deep understanding of the activities, roadmap and vision of each Cloud Provider
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in the Public Cloud providers to solidify Palo Alto Network’s standing and awareness within the provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended Palo Alto Network’s cloud team and executives
- Direct engagement and partner relationships are a critical part of this role
- Build strong GTM relationships
- Ensure WW Global Cloud Provider Engagement Director are engaged in your theater
- Help provide insight in the support of Public Cloud events and attend/participate in the events
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Palo Alto Network’s field sales enablement
- BA, BS (or equivalent work experience), MBA preferred
- 10+ Years’ experience in Sales Leadership – Account or Channel Management
- Deep ANZ experience and demonstrated ability to work successfully across countries
- Public Cloud experience a requirement
- Existing relationships within one or all Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google) is preferred
- Channel experience including selling with or managing channel partners is preferred
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s solutions and is desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual and highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to manage a myriad of different disciplines and tasks in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- 25%-40% Travel with ability to travel internationally
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in winning business
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top