Public Cloud Consulting Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks Consulting Engineer, you will be the expert on our solutions offerings for AWS, Azure, and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with CE’s in the advanced or new technology areas). You will be required to:
- Present to customers as our expert in AWS, Azure, VM-Series, and Securing Public Cloud deployment at all levels in the customer hierarchy, from technician to CIO.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with when moving critical data, intellectual property, and mission critical applications to Public Cloud.
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative.
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Create and maintain a library of automation scripts and templates
The Consulting Engineering role is an overlay technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. CE’s are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre sales' process for strategic opportunities. The Consulting Engineer will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities.
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments.
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities.
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite.
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be critical to win over new top tier customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- In-depth knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Firewalls, and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in securing these environments.
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and Azure installation, configuration and administration of routing and security
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking, Network Security, Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security product.
- Travel of 60%-80% within the designated region.
- Self motivated
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Super organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc.: their creation and activation.
- US Government security clearance a plus
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top