Proof of Concept (POC) Engineer - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The function of POC Engineer is to support the Sales Organization and testing activities on behalf of key, strategic customers. This is a hands-on customer facing technical position. Building and communicating security testing standard methodologies, and assisting customers with their test requirements are key elements of this role.
- Responsible for scoping, configuring, delivering and documenting proof of concept tests to meet customer requirements
- Do more than just "follow the manual"
- Implement and maintain automation features using tools and scripting languages
- Be an evangelist of Performance testing methodologies
- Be organized and can keep accurate records
- Be punctual, dependable and able to work with remote supervision
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Able to self-learn different and new technologies related to network, security and application performance
- Proven experience with software automation with a scripting language such as PERL, TCL or Python
- Able to test and troubleshoot firewall and network equipment functionalities and performance
- 4 plus years of related technical experience
- Knowledgeable in Firewall, Switching and Routing equipment and configuration.
- Knowledgeable in at least one test equipment such as Ixia Breaking Point (Layer 4-7), Spirent Avalanche or Test Center (Layer 2-7) or general testing equipment configuration and execution
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office applications are required as well as the skills to communicate effectively via email, phone, online and customer presentation
- Passionate about and understand special custom configurations needed for firewall and networking devices to achieve maximum performance for a variety of conditions
- Business level of Japanese and English
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top