Proof of Concept (POC) Engineer - Japan
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a six-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
The function of POC Engineer is to support the Sales Organization and testing activities on behalf of key, strategic customers. This is a hands-on customer facing technical position. Creating and communicating security testing best practices, and assisting customers with their test requirements are key elements of this role. A POC engineer will be responsible for scoping, configuring, delivering and documenting proof of concept tests to meet customer requirements. You have the ability to do more than just "follow the manual". You are interested in and understand special custom configurations needed for firewall and networking devices to achieve maximum performance for a variety of conditions. The POC Engineer will also implement and maintain automation features using tools and scripting languages. A POC Engineer will also be an evangelist of Performance testing methodologies.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Ability to self-learn different and new technologies related to network, security and application performance
- Software automation with a scripting language such as PERL, TCL or Python
- Able to test and troubleshoot firewall and network equipment functionalities and performance
- 4 plus years of related technical experience
- Must be knowledgeable in Firewall, Switching and Routing equipment and configuration.
- Must be knowledgeable in at least one test equipment such as Ixia Breaking Point (Layer 4-7), Spirent Avalanche or Test Center (Layer 2-7) or general testing equipment configuration and execution.
- Must be very organized and able to keep accurate records.
- Must be punctual, dependable and able to work with remote supervision.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office applications are required as well as the ability to communicate effectively via email, phone, online and customer presentation.
- Business level of Japanese and English.
Back to top