Proof of Concept Engineer - Cloud Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Palo Alto Networks POC Engineer – Public Cloud Specialist, you will be the expert on our solutions offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP) and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements.
The POC Engineer - Cloud Specialist role is a hands-on technical role. The function of the POC Engineer is to support the Sales Organization and testing activities on behalf of the key, strategic customers. You have the ability to do more than just "follow the manual". A POC Engineer - Cloud Specialist is viewed as a technically focused specialist role and can lead any technical conversation in their domain.
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to manager
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Responsible for scoping, configuring, delivering and documenting proof of concept tests to meet customer requirements
- Run Proofs-of-Concept labs (POC) to ensure the customer requirements are exceeded
- Take ownership of advanced testing in strategic accounts at Palo Alto Networks lab facilities and in some occasions at customer sites
- Work with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to validate technical requirements, product features and provide feedback from customers
- Provide product update and improvement training to other POC Engineers and SEs
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings
- Help customers embrace Palo Alto Networks cloud offerings
- Write code/scripts to automate repeatable demos, POCs and sandbox environments
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be critical to winning over top-tier customers
- BSCS or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a Public Cloud Specialist, DevOps or Equivalent role
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud installation, configuration and administration of security features and services
- Deep understanding of cloud security models (security in the cloud and of the cloud), firewalls, and other security technologies
- Deep understanding of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, Github etc)
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON or XML
- Have worked with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Good understanding of testing tools such as Ixia, Spirent or similar traffic and security testers
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Experience from companies in the Public Cloud or networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top