Proof of Concept Engineer - Cloud Specialist
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a seven-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks POC Engineer – Public Cloud Specialist, you will be the expert on our solutions offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP) and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements. You will be required to:
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to manager
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- be responsible for scoping, configuring, delivering and documenting proof of concept tests to meet customer requirements.
The POC Engineer - Cloud Specialist role is a hands-on technical role. The function of the POC Engineer is to support the Sales Organization and testing activities on behalf of the key, strategic customers. You have the ability to do more than just "follow the manual". A POC Engineer - Cloud Specialist is viewed as a technically focused specialist role and can lead any technical conversation in their domain.
- Run Proofs-of-Concept labs (POC) to ensure the customer requirements are exceeded and will take ownership of advanced testing in strategic accounts at Palo Alto Networks lab facilities and in some occasions at customer sites
- Work with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to validate technical requirements, product features and provide feedback from customers
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other POC Engineers and SEs
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks cloud offerings
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure & Google Cloud)
- Write code/scripts to automate repeatable demos, POCs and sandbox environments
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be critical to winning over top-tier customers
- BSCS or equivalent and 3+ years of experience as a Public Cloud Specialist, DevOps or Equivalent role
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud installation, configuration and administration of security features and services
- Good understanding of cloud security models (security in the cloud and of the cloud), firewalls, and other security technologies
- Good understanding of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, Github etc)
- Good understanding of REST APIs and JSON or XML
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Good understanding of testing tools such as Ixia, Spirent or similar traffic and security testers
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- Experience from companies in the Public Cloud or networking security space.
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
Back to top