Professional Services Threat Response Engineer
The Threat Response Engineer will provide in-depth analysis to assist a customer, as requested, in response to a cybersecurity event. The engineer will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer’s teams. The engineer will serve as the product technical expert and provide technical analysis of an event along with appropriate guidance toward containment. The engineer contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network products, cybersecurity incident handling and solutions deployed within a customer's network.
- Spontaneous travel (50-60%) to customer site to provide in-depth analysis relating to a cybersecurity event.
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports
- Provide hardening recommendations around Palo Alto Networks products
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 to analyze cybersecurity events
- Mitigate threats relating to cybersecurity events utilizing Palo Alto Networks products
- Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to the specified scope
- Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience deploying and troubleshooting Palo Alto Networks security solutions in large environments
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing security solutions in large environments
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a cybersecurity incident response engineer
- Extensive knowledge of different security threats
- Extensive knowledge of network and protocol troubleshooting and analysis
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high end security solutions
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top