Professional Services Project Manager
The Professional Services Project Manager position requires exceptional attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the drive to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. The position reports to the Global Director of Professional Services and is responsible for the Project Management of large scale projects in EMEA.
- Follow established procedures and work instructions defined using industry standard disciplines and Palo Alto Networks project management best practice.
- Establish standard and best practice project budget and schedule for compliance with customer specifications. Identify and resolve non-conformance issues with the customer and project team.
- Monitor and coordinate timely execution of major milestone approvals with customer, prepare necessary paperwork to document approvals. Coordinate payment milestones with Palo Alto Networks business administration and the customer.
- Co-ordination of all activities related to performing customer acceptance of deliverables and the documentation of acceptance test and turnover results.
- Management and control of the financial budget allocated per project. Create and manage a phase-by-phase “estimated dollars to complete” budget.
- Optimisation of project cash flow through timely coordination of all purchase order releases and receipt of equipment and materials.
- Project management control of project closeout meetings to review the issues and “lessons learned” during the project execution phase to fine tune processes and identify more economical or streamlined method of procedures for future projects.
- Management of customer sign-off and acceptance process for project and all deliverables.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and timely written communications with all project team members, department heads, Executives and the Customer throughout the life of the project, through effective use of project information reports, project meeting minutes, project plans, schedules, and action registers.
- Conducts weekly project team meetings to gather project status information as well as to provide information and guidance to the project team members.
- Conduct necessary status calls with sales business managers and internal delivery managers on area of responsibility.
- 6-8 years of proven experience in a highly demanding Project management environment within a professional services organization
- Prior experience supporting services organization preferred
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- com experience a strong plus
- Ability to multi-task in a rapid-growth, rapid-change environment
- Strong people and customer interaction skills
- Self-starter who enjoys problem solving with little direct supervision
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top