Professional Services Consultant - Japan
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
The Professional Services Consultant (PSC) will provide onsite and/or remote deployment and configuration expertise relating to Palo Alto Networks equipment. The PSC will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel and or project teams providing leadership, technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives to the best practice deployment of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions. The PSC contributes to the development of new methodologies and concepts within the Professional Services organization, provides feedback on field experience as it relates to product development, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the PSC will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network products and solutions to be deployed within any customer's network.
- Travel (50-60%) to customer site deploying Palo Alto Network solutions as outlined by the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Migrate customers from legacy firewall technologies to Palo Alto Networks platforms
- Build custom security policies and application signatures
- Develop and maintain expertise in deploying advanced Palo Alto Networks features and functionality
- Analyze logs and events from the solution to perform initial troubleshooting and issue identification
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases
- Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope
- Clear and consistent communication with customers, Sales and Professional Services Project Management and Management team
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business level of English and native level of Japanese
- Minimum 7 years’ experience deploying security solutions and technologies such as firewall and IDS/IDP systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing security solutions in large environments
- Extensive knowledge of different security threats
- Excellent understanding of and troubleshooting skills related to networking, routing, IP, NAT, IPSCc VPNs and how these interact with applications and users
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Scripting experience - Python/PHP/Perl
- Demonstrated project leadership and management skills
- CISSP, PCNSE, CCIE-Security/Routing and Switching, JNCIE-SEC/ENT, CCSE, CCSM
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top