Professional Services Consultant - Cloud Security
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Professional Services Consultant for Cloud Security will provide onsite and remote design, installation, deployment, and configuration relating to Palo Alto Networks equipment, as well as integration of those in Virtualized Environments (Public and Private Clouds). The Consultant will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel and or project teams. The Consultant will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams with the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. The consultant contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the consultant will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network products and the Cloud Platforms deployed within the customer's network.
- Travel (50-60%) to customer site installing and deploying Palo Alto Network solutions as outlined by the statement of work
- Integrate Palo Alto Networks Elements to build a highly automated virtualized environment, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes out of Palo Alto Networks technology as it adopts Cloud principles
- Demonstrate the robustness and the value of the proposed Solution
- Handover to Security experts for further enhancement of the security posture provided to the customer, deliver support when appropriate
- Interact with Consulting Engineers on recommended architectures and DevOps options
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope
- Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
- Ability to Script and automate repetitive tasks
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Public Cloud Platforms Architecture and Deployment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Architecture and delivery with Enterprise and/or Service Provider customers where virtualization environments such as Open Stack, NSX, Kubernetees were used
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in building/integrating security solutions in large environments
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Scripting experience - Python, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, CFT
- Demonstrated project leadership skill
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional, AWS Advanced Certified Networking Specialty, MCSE Cloud Platforms, VMWare VCAP6-NV
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top