Product Manager (Services)
Product Manager - Services
Palo Alto Networks™ is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation network security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks continues to build a world-class product management organization and is looking for a Product Manager for Services. This role requires a product manager who will be responsible for helping define and execute on the strategy for support services, as our customers’ expectations evolve.
Palo Alto Networks is a dramatically growing company and we have to make strategic decisions about how we scale out our service offerings across a global customer base. As you understand it’s different to provide support for cloud solutions, you will need to examine key areas of Technical Support and Proactive Active Services offering and propose options to enrich our customers experience.
Customer-focus Innovation: You live and breathe customer experience.
In addition to your own creativity, you will rely on interaction with customers, partners, other product managers, and cross-functional partners to understand requirements and needs. You will be expected to define and deliver compelling and competitive service offerings that help provide a more complete service experience for our customers. Other responsibilities include collaborating with Product Marketing to create product related sales and marketing materials and evangelizing the services both internally and externally.
More information about our current services can be found here: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services.html.
- Develop innovative services that will delight our customers and improve their experience.
- Envision and detail requirements for future proactive services and practices.
- Execute deep market and customer analysis, to understand market trends and customers’needs.
- Document service requirements, business case as well as collaterals, pricing, and positioning.
- Enhance existing service offering to support partners, service providers and verticals.
- Own product responsibility for Palo Alto Networks strategic service offerings.
- Manage Licensing and pricing models for your portfolio of services.
- Define Policies for RMAs, licensing grace periods, and product end-of-life.
- Gather business needs and requirements via customer engagement, relationship development and Services evangelism.
- Past experience in technical support organization, ideally for cloud-based solutions.
- Customer advocate, your understand the importance of NPS.
- Proven ability to introduce new features, practices or tools that enhanced customer success
- Strong desire to take ownership of service offerings and deliver customer-first solution
- Technically fluent, you understand how cloud-based products are designed and can use that knowledge to work with your engineering partners to make smart decisions.
- Ability to organize and lead teams who do not directly report to you
- Drive to identify unique and improved ways to meet the customer needs
- Experience being part of or working with a global vendor support organization
- Minimum 1-5 years in product management or equivalent
- Proven ability to understand and solve complex business problems, leveraging your analytical skills and ability to dive deep, to create effective strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding business and analytical capabilities
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
About Palo Alto Networks
We are leading a new era in cyber security by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Because of our deep expertise, commitment to innovation and game-changing security platform, thousands of customers have chosen us and we are the fastest growing security company in the market.
Our security platform natively brings together all key network security functions, including advanced threat protection, firewall, IDS/IPS, and URL filtering. Because these functions are natively built into the platform and share important information across the respective disciplines, we ensure better security than legacy firewalls, UTMs, or point threat detection products.
With our platform, organizations can safely enable the use of all applications, maintain complete visibility and control, confidently pursue new technology initiatives like cloud and mobility, and protect the organization from cyber attacks - known and unknown.
- Approximately 21,000 customers in over 120 countries across multiple industries
- More than 75 of the Fortune 100 rely on us to improve their cyber security posture
- Ranked an enterprise firewall market leader by Gartner in 2011, 2012 and 2013 (published April 2014).
- Fiscal year 2014 revenue grows 51 percent year-over-year to $598.2 million – more than any other publicly traded competitor in our market
- Added more than 1,000 customers per quarter for the last 12 consecutive quarters
- Partnered with elite IT leaders such as VMware, Citrix, Splunk, and Symantec
- Named "best place to work" by the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- 1900 employees worldwide
- Earned the TSIA STAR Award for innovation in the delivery of excellent customer support
- Global support organization with teams in the Americas, EMEA, Asia, and Japan
- IPO July 2012; stock symbol on the NYSE: PANW
For more information, please visit www.paloaltonetworks.com
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top