Principal Software Engineer (Virtualization)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a member of the Virtualization team at Palo Alto Networks, you will develop our next-generation virtualization and SDN offerings. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing new hypervisor deployments and integrations, integrations with SDN provisioning tools, and core networking improvements in pure software environments.
- You will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- Develop functional specifications, assess task requirements and scheduling, and participate in development, debug and support
- Candidate should also have hands-on experience with virtualization technologies, various hypervisors, system software, networking, and have experience with Linux kernel software development
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
- Expert C programming skills
- Hands-on experience developing for VMware ESX, XenServer, KVM, and/or Hyper-V
- Understanding of SDN mechanisms/standards
- In-depth knowledge in selected network security fields such as stateful firewall, packet processing, TCP stream inspection, network ACL, and HA preferred
- Experience with deployment on cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience developing device drivers and/or Linux kernel development preferred
- Experience with networking hardware and familiarity with physical networking technologies
- Strong scripting skills with bash and python
- Knowledge of orchestration systems like OpenStack is a plus
- Ability to work well with a group of senior engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Advanced-Level programming experience required Has implemented multiple big features in the codebase and can easily visualize the changes required for most features or bug fixes
- Able to recognize and code dynamic programing solutions and advanced level knowledge of numerical computation algorithms.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top