Principal Java Cloud Engineer (API-Base Cloud Security)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The API-Base Security team is responsible for building our latest SaaS and Public Cloud security products. Our fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise cloud deployments. This engineering group is part of our recent acquisition of Evident.io.
Aperture (SaaS Security) - click to view
Evident (Public Cloud Security & Compliance) - click to view
Keys to Success
We’re looking for a Java Engineer that has experience building APIs in developing distributed systems. Technology stack includes Apache Storm, Kafka, Google Cloud, and Azure.
- Execute on the software development strategy to enhance our fast-moving highly distributed system
- Understand and implement software development/engineering lifecycle concepts to drive features from conception to delivery
- Collaborate closely with the product management, dev-ops, and QA teams to achieve quality releases
- Work hand-in-hand with customer support, documentation and downstream teams to enable customer success
- Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-release while maintaining performance and scalability requirements
- Be able to clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal project teams
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt fast
- Advanced-level of experience as hands-on Java Software Engineer in a distributed /cloud-based product
- Scaling issues with Apache Storm and Kafka
- Cloud Experience (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Strong experience with distributed systems and cloud engineering
- Knowledge/Experience in building Micro Services and API's
- Experience with Spring Technologies and proficient with Python
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top