Principal IT Software Architect
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
- Work collaboratively with marketing, sales, channels and customer support, engineering and product management to set the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable technology solutions that will best suit their goals and objectives.
- Lead a micro-services oriented approach to architecting solutions to provide better agility and scalability for the services that IT offers to the business.
- Lead efforts to define cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrate leadership role in ensuring that new and existing systems are aligned to architectural guidelines.
- Work closely in partnership with IT product managers to drive a rationalization of the IT applications landscape.
- Identify, deliver, and document the required artifacts to make solutions available, including strategy collateral, technical roadmaps, position statements, policies, standards, concepts, and logical specifications.
- After the architecture phase, the Architects actively consult throughout the execution phases, including design, engineering, migration, implementation, and operations. They feed implementation and operational challenges back into architectural opportunities.
- 10+ years overall IT system architecture, design, development, deployment experience
- Ability to translate business strategy and vision to an IT technology architecture that meets those objectives.
- Ability to understand business processes across Marketing, Sales, Channels and Customer Service and be able to dive deep into technology issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of broad enterprise architecture concepts, disciplines, and capabilities.
- Communicate, collaborate with business stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to leverage common design patterns, deployments patterns, architecture patterns, SOA patterns including REST, data services (e.g. OData) and enterprise APIs
- Adept with enterprise architecture concepts and terminology (EAI, SOA, ESB, REST)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in collaborative, cross-functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to assess and recommend cost-effective new tools technologies in accordance with the client ’s strategic objectives
- Experience in submitting proof of concepts for technical changes
- Deep understanding and passion for technology advancements i.e. which front-end stack is gaining ground, which database approach is most optimal etc.
- Best practice sharing with industry peers
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to generate stakeholder buy-in and lead through influence at a senior management level
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top