Principal IT Applications Software Architect (SaaS)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Work together with marketing, sales, channels and customer support, engineering and product management to set the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable technology solutions that will best suit their goals and objectives. After the architecture phase, the Architects actively consult throughout the execution phases, including design, engineering, migration, implementation, and operations. They feed implementation and operational challenges back into architectural opportunities.
- Lead a SaaS and micro-services-oriented architecture solutions to provide better agility and scalability for the services that IT offers to the business
- Lead efforts to define cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry standard methodologies
- Demonstrate leadership in ensuring that new and existing systems are aligned to architectural guidelines
- Work closely in partnership with IT product managers to drive a rationalization of the IT applications landscape
- Identify, deliver, and document the required artifacts to make solutions available, including strategy collateral, technical roadmaps, position statements, policies, standards, concepts, and logical specifications
- 10+ years overall IT system architecture, design, development, deployment experience
- Ability to translate business strategy and vision to IT technology architecture that meets those objectives
- Ability to understand business processes across marketing, sales, channels and customer Service and be able to dive deep into technology issues
- Proven knowledge of broad enterprise architecture concepts, disciplines, and capabilities
- Communicate, collaborate with business partners
- Proven ability to use common design patterns, deployments patterns, architecture patterns, SOA patterns including REST, data services (e.g. OData) and enterprise APIs
- Adept with enterprise architecture concepts and terminology (EAI, SOA, ESB, REST)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in collaborative, multi-functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to assess and recommend cost-effective new tools technologies in accordance with the client ’s strategic objectives
- Experience in submitting proof of concepts for technical changes
- Deep understanding and have a real passion for technology advancements i. e. which front-end stack is gaining ground, which database approach is most optimal etc.
- Share standard methodologies with industry peers
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to generate partner consensus and lead through influence at a senior management level
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top