At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your well-being support to your growth and development, and beyond!
As a Systems Engineer you’ll enable technical sales engagements into a set of Global Accounts, providing technical expertise and guidance in your customer’s zero trust journey. You will play a key role in defining technical solutions that secure a customer’s key business imperatives. You evangelize our industry leadership in on-prem, cloud, and security services that establish Palo Alto Networks as your customer’s cybersecurity partner of choice.
Curiosity is core to the SE role, and you see complex problems as opportunities to learn and deliver innovative solutions! You define your impact by:
- Meeting and exceeding sales quotas by building and implementing strategic, technical account plans that target cross-platform solutions
- Conducting discovery to understand and articulate the key technical, operational, and commercial imperatives of your prospects and customers
- Planning and building compelling technical and business-focused solutions which drive adoption and growth after the initial sale and across the portfolio
- Demonstrating strong communication skills and the ability to influence through effective presentations and customer-specific demos, technical engagements, and workshops
- Orchestrating supporting resources to ensure a one-team approach that demonstrates a cohesive strategy
- Promoting end-to-end solutions that include PANW and/or partner professional services to ensure customers realize business value sooner
- Understanding the competitive landscape and effectively differentiate our leadership
- Continuously investing in yourself to develop technical and professional skills that drive your ever-increasing contributions to customer success while actively participating within the SE community and at industry events
- Significant experience influencing and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders - prior experience in a presales role
- Understanding of data networking and network security
- Experience selling, implementing, or managing SaaS/ SASE/ cloud/ managed/ on-prem offerings is a plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering cybersecurity solutions that solve technical challenges and influence new business initiatives
- Familiarity working with channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric market approach
- Creating and delivering technical presentations, workshops, or technical validation engagements
- Partnering with Customer Support functions to ensure successful implementation and adoption of sold solutions
- Experience with complex sales involving long sales processes, with multiple buying centers and multi-product solutions is preferred
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.