Premium Support Engineer - Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Premium Support Engineer will be heavily engaged to personalize their customers’ experience and ensure a successful Palo Alto Networks product experience. The engineer will develop a working partnership to mitigate risks and troubleshoot to resolve technical issues for their customers. The Engineer will partner with the Technical Account Manager to effectively become a virtual part of their customers’ teams. The Engineer will engage both proactively and reactively with the customer to address any Palo Alto Networks technology technical needs. They will provide escalation management for any technical issues encountered with their customers’ enterprise deployment, resulting in faster time to value. This role requires strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating customer’s cases to record progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in account specific repositories. Work to reproduce customer issues and work with developers to resolve technical issues. Occasional traveling will be required to customer sites.
- Provide Designated Technical Support to top tier customers
- Provide configuration review, troubleshooting and best practices to named customers
- Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Gather and retain customer specific documentation in secure location for ease of troubleshooting
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel will be required to customer sites in conjunction to working with Technical Account Managers for named accounts
- US Citizen
- 8-10+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Required experience with TCP/IP
- Strong experience with Palo Alto Networks products and technology
- Strong experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and explain impact in business terms
- Ability to summarize a situation clearly for executives within Palo Alto Networks or customer organization, and confident in delivering presentations to a senior audience
Back to top