Named Account Manager - SLED - Denver - CO
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Do you have a drive to succeed and over achieve? We are currently seeking seasoned, dynamic and hungry sales professionals to manage and drive sales engagements. We want someone with a passion for connecting our customers with a solution for every stage of threat prevention.
The Named Account Manager SLED is a significant driver of Company revenue and growth. As Named Account Manager SLED, you are responsible for meeting and completely obliterating your quota by creating and implementing strategic enterprise account plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. You have a proven ability to build the right relationships inside a target account, land new business, and significantly expand the lifetime value over time, watching your accounts grow, and grow, and grow.
This is a unique opportunity for a proven enterprise account manager with a hunter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing competing technologies. Sound like you? Read on …
- In close partnership with your Systems Engineer, leverage enterprise account selling strategies into a mix of install base and competitively held companies in Colorado/Utah SLED market. AKA, sell product, solutions, and services and kill your quota.
- Overachieve on annual quota, measured quarterly.
- Deliver a predictable book of business to drive forecast accuracy
- Engage account planning process to map solutions to client initiatives.
- Proposal generation articulating financial ROI/TCO value
- Foster deep partnerships and leverage channel partners and technology partners, locally and nationally.
- Leverage all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: inside sales, channel systems engineering, field marketing, cyber security sales specialists, the services team, sales operations (including deal desk and the response team) and others.
- Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements.
- Prospect for new business with new and existing customers. You are responsible for both land and
- Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Palo Alto Networks’ opportunity.
- Work in a fast-paced, revenue-driven environment.
- You’re known for exceeding quota for 8+ years.
- You understand how to win by leveraging Channel partners and are comfortable with a channel centric go to market approach.
- You have a successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to enterprise customers.
- Throughout your career, you’ve cultivated relationships with key executives and decision-makers. You know how to knit these together in pursuit of a successful cross-functional, enterprise-level sale.
- Your work is a mix of strategic and proactive account activity, and you have a demonstrated ability of uncovering, qualifying, developing, and closing new, white-space accounts. You know that this is your job and you love it!
- You’re a pro who keeps your pipeline accurate and your forecast updated for management.
- You possess, at minimum, a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools or network technologies. You are also a fast learner.
- You’re persuasive, and have excellent negotiation and presentation skills. You can effectively communicate with both technology-oriented and senior business executives at the “C” level, and are comfortable articulating the technical and business value of the Palo Alto Networks plaftorm.
- You’re a student of sales, and you know which methodology to employ in each situation (i.e. point-product selling, “Challenger” sale, etc).
- You are able to travel as necessary to your assigned accounts, and to Company-wide meetings.
- You have excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- You have a BS technical degree or equivalent experience.
- You’re highly competitive, ramp quickly, are extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding production goals.
- You’re a hunter and love to sell.
- You’re never in the office because you’re out selling.
- You love the prospect of selling in new and untapped sales territories.
- You’re comfortable with an extremely high-growth company and have a history of exceeding your quota through a company’s transformation.
- You’re able to manage all aspects of the sales cycle.
- You hold yourself accountable to your commitments: you know how to accurately predict your business, and quarter after quarter, you hit the number that you commit to.
- As a self-starter, when you find a problem, you alert the team, and fix it…you don’t wait for the next task.
- You like to stay abreast of industry news and trends, and how they affect Palo Alto Networks products and services. You’re also a student of evolving nature of sales.
- Oh and did we say you love to sell, selling is what gets you out of bed every morning?
- You want to be part of something innovative, revolutionary, groundbreaking. You want to change the world.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top