Named Account Manager - PSUs, North India
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Major Account Manager, you and your Systems Engineer will be responsible for delivering our initial customers and growing your territory. You will lead your territory to deliver above quota sales performance. Palo Alto Networks has chosen to go to market with Security Focused Channel partners; you will be responsible for identifying and signing appropriate channel partners. Extensive domestic travel is a requirement, International travel may be required as necessary.
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Facilitate communication on strategic and tactical issues facing our clients and partners
- Maintain continuity and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments, and governmental regulations that affect target markets
- Develop market strategies and goals for each product and service; understand the strategies, goals, and objectives of accounts
- Lead coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Take full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process
- BS technical degree or equivalent
- Experience selling into PSU Banks & PSU Enterprises in North India
- 10+ years of above quota sales experience as a Regional Sales Manager
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Enterprise sales experience with and actionable rolodex of decision makers
- Superb interpersonal skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
- prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Managed at least a $3Mn/ $4Mn dollar territory (preferably North India)
- Understands the power of channels and has strong channel CXO level relationships with both T2 partners and Distributors
- Experience in both direct & channel sales a plus
- Experience in territory business planning and execution; understands and has executed partner programs and incentives
- A technology orientation and can articulate well at CXO levels
- Proficiency in driving growth through the process: By leveraging Partner Account Planning, marketing, channels etc.
- Strong exposure in working with Inside sales team and is seen as a territory leader
- Great communications and presentation skills
- Consistent track record exceeding business quotas regularly for the last 2-3 years
- Recognitions achieved in career: Chairman’s Club, Best Sales Leader, Best Account Manager
- Experience working in a fast-growing environment.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to a market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in.
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfilment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyber threats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top