Marketing Technology Innovation Developer
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for an accomplished developer who has a track record of implementing best practices in marketing technology and the web and is constantly pushing the limits of systems. You will use your creativity to bring innovative ideas to our current tools with the goal of optimizing our marketing and sales processes. This role will require you to design, develop and integrate leading edge enhancements of our tools, while ensuring scalability and adoption.
This role is for candidates who enjoy looking at existing processes and formulating new, innovative, system altering solutions. To start, your time will be focused on analyzing and innovating systems such as Drift conversational chat and the sales prospecting platform Outreach to ensure we are conceptualizing new designs and driving a leading-edge roadmap. The customer and end user’s point of view should be top of mind as you work with business to formulate new approaches. You will partner with stakeholders to understand key manual pain points, define business requirements; design, implement, and operationalize solutions.
Our fast-moving culture demands that you can bridge between talking to business users and building a practice, as well as collaborating effectively across organizations like IT and Sales Ops. We push decisions down – so you run mostly on autopilot. You are free to create, innovate and transform the business. This is an awesome opportunity for somebody who wants to take on new exciting challenges and a leadership role.
- Systems management. Integrate with third party systems, launch new tools and enhancements to support optimization and scalability of business processes. Product manage custom development projects with web, Marketing Operations, Marketing Data Science and IT development resources. Build advanced capabilities that simplify workflows, improve productivity, and enable reporting. Perform QA and manage UAT with business to ensure a successful production launch. Document processes and track the ROI of implementations to measure success and audit areas for improvement.
- Roadmap management. Analyze existing processes, collaborate with business stakeholders, gather business feedback of existing processes and interpret their pain points and areas to streamline. Develop a roadmap and manage priorities for new tools and enhancements while managing timeline and functionality expectations with the business.
- Vendor management. Partner with vendors to integrate and implement their offerings. Analyze, define and implement the project plan, ensure security and privacy of the data.
- Marketing and sales automation. Integrate Sales tools with the necessary platforms (i.e. Salesforce.com and Marketo) to ensure automation and scalability of marketing and sales processes. Streamline data movement between systems and ensure reportability of KPIs across systems.
- Training. Train business users on new tools and enhancements. This includes enablement and training materials as well as sharing to the appropriate forums.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing (or related field).
- 3 – 5+ years experience in marketing operations at a B2B enterprise company; enterprise software experience preferred.
- Experience rolling out web chat for Sales (i.e. Drift or LiveChat)
- Integration experience with chat tools and Salesforce.com or Marketing Automation platforms
- Ability to apply technical understanding to write clear Stories and Epics to articulate the needed functionality and expected usage for IT Development team for Agile Sprint work
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills. Skilled at resolving conflicts by taking an open communication style, customer-centric, service-minded, positive, win-win approach.
- Able to develop productive and consultative working relationships across marketing, sales, IT, and data warehousing teams.
- Fast learner, eager to learn new technologies. Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and willingness to take the initiative and make things happen.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize, work independently, and problem solve, working comfortably under pressure.
- Integration experience with marketing automation platforms (such as Eloqua, Marketo or Adobe Marketing Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with sales prospecting tools (such as Outreach.io)
- Development experience using APIs on Chat, CRM and Marketing Automation is a plus.
- Business level familiarity with usage scenarios involving marketing tools like Marketo, Adobe Marketing Cloud, SFDC is a huge plus.
Back to top