Marketing Systems Project Manager
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The capabilities we have built are mission critical to both Marketing and Sales. We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master or Project Manager who has a track record managing large multi-month CRM, Marketing Automation, or other marketing technology projects in a matrix team environment. You will define the Project intake process and project management best practices. Leveraging your previous experience as a system administrator, you will drive the project, clear roadblocks and be the team’s representative in communications to stakeholders and Leadership.
No project is complete without appropriate documentation. You will drive the development of Requirements Docs and User training docs for all capabilities we build. We want to build up a knowledgebase of documents that users can self-serve to learn about processes or self-train.
- Process Development. Manage the project intake and evaluation process for the Marketing Technology team standardizing how projects are evaluated for prioritization and effectiveness at achieving the business goal.
- Project management. Enforce project roles and owners, communication processes, and status meeting schedule. Remove impediments to delivery success through the proactive management of external dependencies; have the authority to execute against new approaches and escalate issues through business and/or IT channels where necessary
- Spokesperson for cross discipline team. Communicate cross-functionally, ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes; report team progress and accomplishments up and across; facilitate status updates, product demos and retrospectives. Communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff
- Deep Understanding of processes. Have a deep understanding of how our internal customers use our tools and contribute to the plan to evolve the tool road map. Assure the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tool(s) usage
- Drive Knowledge Sharing. Not only will this role coordinate our team’s work process but also our knowledge sharing and enablement building scalable training docs and videos for end users to consume in a self-paced manner
- Experience in technology projects in large corporate environments with cross-functional teams
- Clear passion and adeptness for Organizing and sharing knowledge
- Proactively and creatively solves problems, action oriented
- Bachelor's degree or higher (Marketing or Technology area of study preferred)
- 1+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, where Scrum principles, practices and theory were diligently applied
- 3+ years of experience in Project Management or related professional experience; proactive approach to Project Management in an Agile environment, using influence to facilitate outcomes
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Ability to build trust, communicate status and set a course for success with executives and inspire greatness from members of project teams in a matrix environment; outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Critical, big-picture thinker. You have a constant thirst for knowledge and the ability to credibly share it with others, whether internally or externally. You are analytical, evaluating logic-based details while always considering and problem-solving for the sake of the big picture.
- Adaptable multi-tasker. You are highly organized and flexible. You know how to manage expectations and are able to thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments and successfully adapt to a variety of tasks
- Certified Scrum Master/Agile practitioner/Product Owner
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams on projects involving Marketing Automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, etc), CRM (Salesforce.com, MS Dynamics, etc), Sales tools (Drift, Outreach, People.ai, Clari etc)
Back to top