Marketing Systems Manager - Salesforce.com
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Location: We are open to considering candidates for Remote locations within United States.
Salesforce.com and related processes and tools are mission critical for both the Marketing and Sales teams. We are looking for an accomplished Salesforce.com administrator who has a track record in implementing best practices in marketing technology and the web. You will integrate and occasionally develop the systems and tools needed as well as whatever solution your imagination and creativity can conjure up to optimize marketing and sales processes.
This senior technical role is for candidates who like to innovate and constantly push the limits of Salesforce to get the right lead to the right sales person and track their disposition. You’ll partner with stakeholders to define business requirements; design, implement, and operationalize solutions on our Unlimited Edition Salesforce platform.
As a member of the Marketing Operations team you will be part of a fast-moving culture which demands you to balance the needs of Sales users, Sales Operations, IT and our Marketing Team. This is an awesome opportunity for somebody who came up in the Salesforce.com world and wants to take on new exciting challenges by empowering marketing success through technology.
- Systems management. Integrate with third party systems and launch new tools to support the business. Project manage custom development projects with IT. Coordinate with other stakeholders to gather business requirements and work with IT to ensure on-time rollouts. Build advanced capabilities that simplify workflows, improve productivity, and enable reporting. Define sandbox configuration process – evaluate data extract/load processes for populating a configuration sandbox with production data for testing and UAT. Manage Salesforce.com releases in alignment with governance processes.
- Vendor management. Partner with vendors to integrate and implement their offerings. Analyze, define and implement the project plan, ensure security and privacy of the data. Prepare vendor evaluations and comparisons to find the best plug-ins, tools, and third-party apps to enhance our processes.
- Marketing automation. Integration of Salesforce.com with marketing automation tools (Marketo) with an emphasis on streamlining data movement between the two systems.
- QA Testing. Continually audit and test current processes to ensure data is flowing between systems, leads are being routed correctly and integrations are functioning optimally.
- Privacy. Manage data for privacy compliance.
- Training. Train campaign owners, scale regional demand gen hubs, evangelize the usage of tools and drive efficiencies. Fulfill administrative level service requests (tickets) in a timely fashion, communicating clearly with internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing (or related field).
- 4 – 6+ years experience in marketing operations at a B2B company; enterprise software experience preferred.
- Salesforce Administrator certification is required.
- Integration experience with multiple platforms into Salesforce.com.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills. Skilled at resolving conflicts by taking an open communication style, customer-centric, service-minded, positive, win-win approach. Able to develop productive and consultative working relationships across marketing, sales, IT, and data warehousing teams.
- Fast learner, eager to learn new technologies. Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and willingness to take the initiative and make things happen.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize, work independently, and problem solve, working comfortably under pressure.
- Development using Visual Force/Apex programming is a plus.
- Experience with vendor APIs and tools such as Demand Tools is plus.
- Knowledge of Marketo is a huge plus.
Back to top