Marketing Systems Manager- Salesforce.com
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest growing company in Silicon and a three-time Gartner Group Magic Quadrant winner for innovation and ability to execute. The marketing operations team has a global responsibility for marketing automation and integration with sales CRM. We use the latest tools, have interesting and challenging problems to solve, and have CEO level down support for our mission.
Salesforce.com and related processes and tools are mission critical both the Marketing and Sales teams. We are looking for an accomplished Salesforce.com developer/administrator who has a track record in implementing best practices in marketing technology and the web. You will integrate and (sometimes develop) the systems and tools needed and whatever solution your imagination and creativity can conjure up to optimize marketing and sales processes.
This senior technical role is for candidates who like to innovate and constantly push the limits of Salesforce to get the right lead to the right sales person, and track their disposition. You’ll partner with stakeholders to define business requirements; design, implement, and operationalize solutions on our Unlimited Edition Salesforce platform.
Our fast moving culture demands that you can bridge between talking to business users and building a practice, as well as collaborating effectively across organizations like IT and Sales Ops. We push decisions down – so you run mostly on autopilot. You are free to create, innovate and transform the business. This is an awesome opportunity for somebody who came up in the Salesforce.com world and wants to take on new exciting challenges and a leadership role.
- Systems management. Integrate with third party systems and launch new tools to support the business. Product Manage custom development projects with IT development resources. Build advanced capabilities that simplify workflows, improve productivity, and enable reporting. Define sandbox configuration process – evaluate data extract/load processes for populating a configuration sandbox with production data for testing and UAT. Manage Salesforce.com releases in alignment with governance processes.
- Vendor management. Partner with vendors to integrate and implement their offerings. Analyze, define and implement the project plan, ensure security and privacy of the data.
- Marketing automation. Integration of Salesforce.com with marketing automation tools (Adobe Campaign) with an emphasis on streamlining data movement between the two systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing (or related field).
- 4 – 6+ years experience in marketing operations at a B2B company; enterprise software experience preferred.
- Salesforce Administrator certification is required.
- Integration experience with marketing automation platforms (such as Eloqua, Marketo or Adobe Marketing Cloud)
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills. Skilled at resolving conflicts by taking an open communication style, customer-centric, service-minded, positive, win-win approach. Able to develop productive and consultative working relationships across marketing, sales, IT, and data warehousing teams.
- Fast learner, eager to learn new technologies. Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and willingness to take the initiative and make things happen.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize, work independently, and problem solve, working comfortably under pressure.
NICE TO HAVE
- Development using Visual Force/Apex programming is a plus.
- Experience with vendor APIs and tools such as Demand Tools
- Knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud tools and solutions is a huge plus.
- Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Compensation: competitive salary and benefits.
- Culture: energetic, dynamic, startup environment with outstanding career and professional growth opportunities.
- Hiring manager: Dir, Marketing Operations, Marketing Operations
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top