Manager Technical Writing (Network Security)
Palo Alto Networks® is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation enterprise security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
Here at Palo Alto Networks, the Tech Docs team directly helps our customers, partners, and internal employees better understand how to configure and use our products to solve their network security problems. As a member of this team, you’ll get to flex both your writing and your leadership skills.
As a writer, you’ll guide our users on how to best integrate the Palo Alto Networks next-gen firewall into their environments to ensure that they are safely enabling all users in all locations all the time. As a technical writing manager your role will be that of a player-coach: you will both write documentation for your own features, while managing a team of writers and ensuring quality across all next-gen firewall documentation.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, like to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Proven leadership— You like to mentor writers and help them develop the skills to produce high-quality documentation.
- Organization—You can take large amount of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their network security problems. You can effectively track and coordinate multiple projects across the team.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, Support, and within the Tech Docs team to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- Strategic thinker—You’re always looking ahead. You’re able to anticipate what’s next and are thinking about how we can meet our users’ needs not only today, but tomorrow as well.
- Transparent communicator—When tracking and coordinating projects, you communicate project goals, dependencies, and deadlines to all stakeholders. You like to make sure that everyone is working with the same information, you work towards building consensus, and you set expectations effectively.
- Must have a knowledge and background in network security and or networking.
- Proven track record of leading writing teams.
- Experience planning and managing complex projects.
- Adept with team collaboration and release tracking tools (Jira and Confluence).
- Proficient with source control tools (Perforce).
- Experience with topic-based writing (DITA or XML authoring).
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint) a plus.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top