Manager Systems Engineering Public Sector Germany
Palo Alto Networks® is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation enterprise security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
The Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineering Manager Public Sector is a technical leader for the district Systems Engineering team. The systems engineers within the district will report directly to the SEM. The SEM will have dotted line responsibility to, and tight alignment with, the Sales Director. The SEM will have leadership responsibility for the Systems Engineers with the district and will also have direct customer interaction as the technical leader for the district.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the territory.
- Responsible to training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team.
- HR responsibility for Systems Engineers in the territory (expenses, reviews)
- Support field SE team in managing complex evaluations and challenging customer environments.
- Assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum.
- Assist Channel team in ensuring Partner SE’s are trained and can support Palo Alto Networks evaluation installations.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Provide technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing security trends and best practices being employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process—have a unique value with the customers in your district.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with Key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business.
- Direct account engagement and customer relationships are a critical part of this role
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales SEM
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s roadmap and technology development efforts.
- The role calls for in-depth knowledge of competitive security products.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PAN’s customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- 50-75% Travel within region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
About Palo Alto Networks
As the next-generation security company, we are leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling all applications and preventing advanced threats from achieving their objectives for tens of thousands of organizations around the world. We are one of the fastest growing security companies in the market because of our deep expertise, commitment to innovation, and game-changing security platform focused on bringing an end to the era of breaches by uniquely integrating our Next-Generation Firewall, Advanced Endpoint Protection, and Threat Intelligence Cloud.
Because these capabilities are natively built into our platform and designed to deliver highly automated preventative measures against cyberthreats, we ensure superior security to legacy point technologies such as stateful inspection firewalls, UTMs, or endpoint security products. With our platform, organizations can confidently pursue a digital-first strategy as they implement key technology initiatives within the cloud and increasingly mobile networks, while maintaining complete visibility and control, to protect their most valued data assets and critical control systems.
Back to top