Manager, Systems Engineering - Prisma Cloud
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As our Systems Engineer Manager for Cloud, you are the technical leader for your EMEA Systems Engineering team. You will work closely with the EMEA Sales Manager for Cloud and, along with your team, build relationships with your customers with the goal of helping them deploy workloads securely across any of three major Cloud Service Providers. Your guidance, expertise, and mentorship of your team of SEs will keep them ahead of the latest cyberthreats and staying on the leading edge of prevention and detection.
We are looking for a leader to develop our sales & SE teams, providing training and technical support as a product expert. Additionally, you will provide feedback to the product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base. Your team, in partnership with the sales account managers, will displace competitor technologies and build market share within your targeted list, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as they use our products to secure their public cloud infrastructure and workloads.
- Recruit and hire new systems engineers into the territory, hiring the best talent in the industry
- Responsible to train, mentor, and review employees on your team, keeping them engaged and successful in their careers
- Support field systems engineer team in complex evaluations, problem-solving and challenging customer environments
- Define and create an updated system engineering training curriculum
- Develop relationships with channel partners and their technical teams to ensure colleagues are appropriately trained and can support our installations
- Provide effective technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing security trends and standard methodologies employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process
- Act as a floating system engineer and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or vacation coverage challenge
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy
- Be the Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security as well as general Cloud Security technical evangelist for EMEA
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to plan for
- Discuss competitor products in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to build requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
- Ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in our product suite
- Maintain a general understanding of competitor selling strategies and product capabilities
- 50-75% travel within the region
- BS CS/EE or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales System Engineer Manager
- 6+ years as a Senior System Engineer or Consulting Engineering
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of our roadmap and technology development efforts, knowledge of competitor offerings and products
- Working knowledge of public cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP), cloud security models and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Working knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD, Kubernetes, container and serverless will be highly prioritized as well
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Quota driven attitude focused on client's best solution by being a trusted advisor
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top