Malware Research Engineer (Windows)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative individual to join our team that develops the content to power the Palo Alto Networks’s next generation firewall. You will work with the best security team in the industry, who invented the well-known cloud-based security platform WildFire.
You will work on the projects related to sample analysis, including automatic malware detection system, application analysis system, etc.
- Work on developing systems & tools for large-scale, high performance infrastructure for sample analysis and malware detection.
- Research the latest malware, attacks, vulnerabilities on major platforms, e.g. Windows/Android/MacOS/Linux, and detail out the solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members to convert your research results & discoveries into products, such as WildFire and other Palo Alto Networks products, research papers, etc.
- Deep understanding of operating system internals, system/application vulnerabilities, malware analysis.
- Experience with reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, JEB, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in malware (e.g. PE/APK) analysis and detection.
- Knowledge with object-oriented design, data structures, and experience with large-scale and high efficient software development is a plus.
- Passion for malware detection and sample analysis.
- Passion for developing and maintaining large-scale systems.
- Strong self-motivation and problem solving abilities.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyber-attacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyber-attacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top