Major Account Manager - Defence
As a member of the Palo Alto Networks sales team, you and your Systems Engineer will be responsible for delivering our industry leading and award winning cyber security platform into a number of Defence organisations including the Ministry of Defence. You will be responsible for managing your territory to deliver above quota sales performance.
You will specifically be responsible for acquiring and managing Defence accounts within the UK market including the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD), Airbus, Lockheed, Boeing, Cobham, Babcock and other major defence contractors. You will be SC cleared and would be expected to obtain the same clearance at Palo Alto Networks.
Employing world class account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within the target vertical. You will be a highly competent presenter, with a demonstrable track record in selling to C level executives. You will be capable of navigating and working in partnership with the major System Integrators who supply into the target market.
Extensive domestic travel is required, International travel may be required as necessary. Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches. Candidates should also have practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
- BS technical degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience and demonstrable track record selling to the Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- Knowledge of the Systems Integrators and channels that support and supply the Defence community.
- SC cleared
- 10+ years of above quota sales experience as an Account Manager
- World class account management skills with ability to grow and build large opportunities at scale.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Enterprise sales experience with and actionable rolodex of decision makers
- Superb organisational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
- Experience working with large Defence contractors, systems integrators and end users.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top