Major Account Manager, Cortex - Japan
- Claremore, OK
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Working together with a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering new clients in our growing territories. You are the primary point-of-contact for major accounts and are accountable for delivering at above quota sales performance in your region. You are motivated by a hunger to solve critically difficult challenges that face our clients. You develop trusted relationships at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by Palo Alto Networks solutions.
You will lead to identifying and signing appropriate channel partners as well as training them on our solutions. Additionally, your credibility will guide your customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings - and love a technical challenge.
- Responsible for acquiring and managing key accounts
- Employ world-class account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within the target accounts
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Facilitate communication on strategic and tactical issues facing our clients and partners
- Maintain continuity and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments, and governmental regulations that affect target markets
- Develop market strategies and goals for each product and service; understand the strategies, goals, and objectives of accounts
- Lead coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Responsible for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process
- Extensive domestic travel and possible International travel as necessary
- BA or BS degree, or equivalent background
- 7+ years of exceeding sales quota as a Major or Large Account Manager, Channel Account Manager, or Territory Account Manager for a multinational company
- 7+ years IT sales experience as a direct contributor
- Deep understanding of channel partners and a channel centric go to market approach
- Proven knowledgeable in Complex Solution Sales methodology
- Have sold network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Good SalesForce.com discipline in a plus
- Not afraid to demonstrate the product
- Work in security or parallel software business
- Highly competent presenter, with a proven track record in selling to C level executives
Demisto, a Palo Alto Networks company, was founded only 3 years ago. Demisto Enterprise is a comprehensive Security Operations Platform that combines full case management, intelligent automation, and collaborative investigation. Supporting over 260 applications and with a community of over 4,000 we are redefining incident response. If you are highly motivated, competitive, and do not shy away from tough challenges, come join our mission and become part of some of the best minds in the world to shape the future of security operations.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top